Blog: How much is your tongue worth?
Catherine Sleep | 31 March 2004
One of my chief spies reports rumours that GSK subsidiary Ribena has insured the tongue of its chief taster for new flavours for something in excess of £1m. I’ve been unable to verify this rumour but it’s probably true. Bit early for the April Fool jokes, n’est-ce pas?
While I was “researching” this story I noted that Ribena has one of those extremely irritating websites that won’t let you return to the page you came from by clicking back on the browser bar but insists on keeping you prisoner. Tut tut, v. naughty.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth