Blog: How much is your tongue worth?
Catherine Sleep | 31 March 2004
One of my chief spies reports rumours that GSK subsidiary Ribena has insured the tongue of its chief taster for new flavours for something in excess of £1m. I’ve been unable to verify this rumour but it’s probably true. Bit early for the April Fool jokes, n’est-ce pas?
While I was “researching” this story I noted that Ribena has one of those extremely irritating websites that won’t let you return to the page you came from by clicking back on the browser bar but insists on keeping you prisoner. Tut tut, v. naughty.
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill