Blog: How much is your tongue worth?
Catherine Sleep | 31 March 2004
One of my chief spies reports rumours that GSK subsidiary Ribena has insured the tongue of its chief taster for new flavours for something in excess of £1m. I’ve been unable to verify this rumour but it’s probably true. Bit early for the April Fool jokes, n’est-ce pas?
While I was “researching” this story I noted that Ribena has one of those extremely irritating websites that won’t let you return to the page you came from by clicking back on the browser bar but insists on keeping you prisoner. Tut tut, v. naughty.
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
The Obama administration appears to have conceded the landmark Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal will not be pushed through in the lame-duck session of Congress before Donald Trump is inaugur...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods