Blog: How much is your tongue worth?
Catherine Sleep | 31 March 2004
One of my chief spies reports rumours that GSK subsidiary Ribena has insured the tongue of its chief taster for new flavours for something in excess of £1m. I’ve been unable to verify this rumour but it’s probably true. Bit early for the April Fool jokes, n’est-ce pas?
While I was “researching” this story I noted that Ribena has one of those extremely irritating websites that won’t let you return to the page you came from by clicking back on the browser bar but insists on keeping you prisoner. Tut tut, v. naughty.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities