Blog: How much is your tongue worth?
Catherine Sleep | 31 March 2004
One of my chief spies reports rumours that GSK subsidiary Ribena has insured the tongue of its chief taster for new flavours for something in excess of £1m. I’ve been unable to verify this rumour but it’s probably true. Bit early for the April Fool jokes, n’est-ce pas?
While I was “researching” this story I noted that Ribena has one of those extremely irritating websites that won’t let you return to the page you came from by clicking back on the browser bar but insists on keeping you prisoner. Tut tut, v. naughty.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review