Blog: How organic is organic beef?
Catherine Sleep | 9 June 2003
Digging a little deeper, I found out that there have been no cases of BSE reported in organic cattle that have been reared their entire life on an organic farm. However, there have been 1-2 cases where cattle have been reared on conventional farms and then converted to organic farming. It is believed that they were infected earlier when they were at conventional farms and the symptoms occurred during the conversion process or after completion.
Which raises the question: How organic is organic meat?
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival