Blog: How organic is organic beef?
Catherine Sleep | 9 June 2003
Digging a little deeper, I found out that there have been no cases of BSE reported in organic cattle that have been reared their entire life on an organic farm. However, there have been 1-2 cases where cattle have been reared on conventional farms and then converted to organic farming. It is believed that they were infected earlier when they were at conventional farms and the symptoms occurred during the conversion process or after completion.
Which raises the question: How organic is organic meat?
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up