Blog: How Snannoying!
Dean Best | 6 March 2009
And no, before you question it, I haven’t accidentally hit the ‘S’ and 'N' on the keyboard or made a spelling mistake (just-food is a typo-free zone, shurely - ed), I’m attempting to speak Snacklish.
Yes that’s right, Snacklish…a new language designed by Mars to promote its already popular Snickers chocolate bar.
Beginning this month, the 'Snacklish' language will reach the US public through an advertising campaign called Snickers Speak featuring national television and print advertising.
For example, the great basketball player Patrick Ewing has become Patrick Chewing and combine the rapper Master P with peanut and he turns into Master P-nut – not sure how they’re going to feel about that.
Other examples include a Snickers taxi, or snaxi; peanutarium, for planetarium; and chompensation, for compensation. And if you are able to ‘ride out the storm in this chewconomy’ then Mars are asking you to ‘pledge your nutlegience’.
Maybe everything, including the dire economy sounds better in Snacklish, so for those of you who think the 5,000 global languages we already have aren’t enough (it has one fan here - ed), here’s another…
Michelle Russell, reporter
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review