Blog: How Snannoying!
Dean Best | 6 March 2009
And no, before you question it, I haven’t accidentally hit the ‘S’ and 'N' on the keyboard or made a spelling mistake (just-food is a typo-free zone, shurely - ed), I’m attempting to speak Snacklish.
Yes that’s right, Snacklish…a new language designed by Mars to promote its already popular Snickers chocolate bar.
Beginning this month, the 'Snacklish' language will reach the US public through an advertising campaign called Snickers Speak featuring national television and print advertising.
For example, the great basketball player Patrick Ewing has become Patrick Chewing and combine the rapper Master P with peanut and he turns into Master P-nut – not sure how they’re going to feel about that.
Other examples include a Snickers taxi, or snaxi; peanutarium, for planetarium; and chompensation, for compensation. And if you are able to ‘ride out the storm in this chewconomy’ then Mars are asking you to ‘pledge your nutlegience’.
Maybe everything, including the dire economy sounds better in Snacklish, so for those of you who think the 5,000 global languages we already have aren’t enough (it has one fan here - ed), here’s another…
Michelle Russell, reporter
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report