Blog: How to Hob-Nob your way to success
Dean Best | 3 June 2008
Anxious about clinching that big deal?
Worried that, after all that ground-work, it could slip through your fingers?
Well, stop fretting.
Apparently, if you offer the right type of biscuit to your potential clients, then the deal is in the bag. Or, erm, the biscuit barrel.
Around four out of five businesses in the UK believe biscuits are key to corporate success, according to a survey from hotel chain Holiday Inn.
The chocolate digestive, shortbread and Hob Nobs were said to be the best biscuits to offer.
A warning, however: dunking your biscuit in the boardroom is a big no-no.
All this prompted the obvious question – just what biscuits do those who run just-food and its sister sites offer to potential clients?
“We do the variety tins,” smiled The Boss.
Ah, good business sense. Keep them all happy.
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning