Blog: How to Hob-Nob your way to success
Dean Best | 3 June 2008
Anxious about clinching that big deal?
Worried that, after all that ground-work, it could slip through your fingers?
Well, stop fretting.
Apparently, if you offer the right type of biscuit to your potential clients, then the deal is in the bag. Or, erm, the biscuit barrel.
Around four out of five businesses in the UK believe biscuits are key to corporate success, according to a survey from hotel chain Holiday Inn.
The chocolate digestive, shortbread and Hob Nobs were said to be the best biscuits to offer.
A warning, however: dunking your biscuit in the boardroom is a big no-no.
All this prompted the obvious question – just what biscuits do those who run just-food and its sister sites offer to potential clients?
“We do the variety tins,” smiled The Boss.
Ah, good business sense. Keep them all happy.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020