Blog: How to Hob-Nob your way to success
Dean Best | 3 June 2008
Anxious about clinching that big deal?
Worried that, after all that ground-work, it could slip through your fingers?
Well, stop fretting.
Apparently, if you offer the right type of biscuit to your potential clients, then the deal is in the bag. Or, erm, the biscuit barrel.
Around four out of five businesses in the UK believe biscuits are key to corporate success, according to a survey from hotel chain Holiday Inn.
The chocolate digestive, shortbread and Hob Nobs were said to be the best biscuits to offer.
A warning, however: dunking your biscuit in the boardroom is a big no-no.
All this prompted the obvious question – just what biscuits do those who run just-food and its sister sites offer to potential clients?
“We do the variety tins,” smiled The Boss.
Ah, good business sense. Keep them all happy.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs