Blog: HRH gets egg on his face
Catherine Sleep | 27 September 2006
Aides to our esteemed heir to the throne, HRH Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, took the unusual step of denying press reports about their employer this weekend. News presenter Jeremy Paxman claims in his new book about the future monarch that he is served not one, not two, but seven boiled eggs, ranging from runny to well cooked, so that he can choose one exactly to his liking. If the third one out of the pan is too soft, presumably HRH knocks the top off the one that came out thirty seconds later. Or more likely his butler does it for him.
Much is being made of this little habit by the international press, to the point where Charles’ aides spoke out to deny it. But is it really such a big deal? I think if you had unlimited cash and staff to wait on you, it would be quite easy to develop little foibles like this. It’s harmless – and if Charles has inherited his mother's oft-mentioned parsimony, the remaining eggs will doubtless be recycled in egg sandwiches or a nice niçoise salad for the staff lunch.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- How PepsiCo is taking action on palm oil
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- MP calls for probe into Bernard Matthews "sale"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report