Blog: HRH gets egg on his face
Catherine Sleep | 27 September 2006
Aides to our esteemed heir to the throne, HRH Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, took the unusual step of denying press reports about their employer this weekend. News presenter Jeremy Paxman claims in his new book about the future monarch that he is served not one, not two, but seven boiled eggs, ranging from runny to well cooked, so that he can choose one exactly to his liking. If the third one out of the pan is too soft, presumably HRH knocks the top off the one that came out thirty seconds later. Or more likely his butler does it for him.
Much is being made of this little habit by the international press, to the point where Charles’ aides spoke out to deny it. But is it really such a big deal? I think if you had unlimited cash and staff to wait on you, it would be quite easy to develop little foibles like this. It’s harmless – and if Charles has inherited his mother's oft-mentioned parsimony, the remaining eggs will doubtless be recycled in egg sandwiches or a nice niçoise salad for the staff lunch.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review