Blog: Hurrah for the Royal Wedding
Petah Marian | 21 April 2011
Walls has launched Royal Wedding themed cocktail sausage rolls
Forecasts that the impending Royal Wedding will contribute some GBP360m (US$596.6m) to the food and grocery sector is enough to bring some warmth to even the most hardened republican's heart [is it? - ed].
While the announcement of some wedding related products have been received with some bemusement at just-food towers, with so much money at stake, and in these tough times, slapping a Union Jack or some kind of (however tenuous) wedding link seems like a pretty good bet.
While cupcakes, champagne and other "party" food has led the royal wedding branding, there have been some stranger offers.
Walls' Limited Edition Cocktail Sausage Rolls is one of the less obvious choices, while Sainsbury's has really pushed the wedding boat out with a Kate & Wills Pieminster Pie, Wedding Cake ice cream, and commemorative cakes made by Fiona Cairns, the official baker of Kate and Will's wedding cake.
Meanwhile, Kellogg has chosen a different tack, telling its staff that, if they want to, they can choose whether they take the public holiday on 29 April off, or take it on a day of their choice.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities