Blog: Hurrah for the Royal Wedding
Petah Marian | 21 April 2011
Walls has launched Royal Wedding themed cocktail sausage rolls
Forecasts that the impending Royal Wedding will contribute some GBP360m (US$596.6m) to the food and grocery sector is enough to bring some warmth to even the most hardened republican's heart [is it? - ed].
While the announcement of some wedding related products have been received with some bemusement at just-food towers, with so much money at stake, and in these tough times, slapping a Union Jack or some kind of (however tenuous) wedding link seems like a pretty good bet.
While cupcakes, champagne and other "party" food has led the royal wedding branding, there have been some stranger offers.
Walls' Limited Edition Cocktail Sausage Rolls is one of the less obvious choices, while Sainsbury's has really pushed the wedding boat out with a Kate & Wills Pieminster Pie, Wedding Cake ice cream, and commemorative cakes made by Fiona Cairns, the official baker of Kate and Will's wedding cake.
Meanwhile, Kellogg has chosen a different tack, telling its staff that, if they want to, they can choose whether they take the public holiday on 29 April off, or take it on a day of their choice.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK