Blog: Hurrah for the Royal Wedding
Petah Marian | 21 April 2011
Walls has launched Royal Wedding themed cocktail sausage rolls
Forecasts that the impending Royal Wedding will contribute some GBP360m (US$596.6m) to the food and grocery sector is enough to bring some warmth to even the most hardened republican's heart [is it? - ed].
While the announcement of some wedding related products have been received with some bemusement at just-food towers, with so much money at stake, and in these tough times, slapping a Union Jack or some kind of (however tenuous) wedding link seems like a pretty good bet.
While cupcakes, champagne and other "party" food has led the royal wedding branding, there have been some stranger offers.
Walls' Limited Edition Cocktail Sausage Rolls is one of the less obvious choices, while Sainsbury's has really pushed the wedding boat out with a Kate & Wills Pieminster Pie, Wedding Cake ice cream, and commemorative cakes made by Fiona Cairns, the official baker of Kate and Will's wedding cake.
Meanwhile, Kellogg has chosen a different tack, telling its staff that, if they want to, they can choose whether they take the public holiday on 29 April off, or take it on a day of their choice.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016