Blog: I want to live forever
Catherine Sleep | 14 September 2004
Not me, actually, no such delusions here. But around 1000 people worldwide, mostly men, have drastically cut back their calorie intake in the hope of resisting disease and beating the ageing process.
Their decision is informed by research which shows that mice live longer if they’re half-starved. These guys hope to live long enough to see the advent of an anti-ageing cure. We’re talking 122 years and upwards. The trouble is that to restrict their calories, they end up feeling weak and lethargic, as their bodies are using all their energy supplies just to sustain vital functions.
Sounds mad to me. Surely it’s quality of life that matters, not just clocking up the years.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Ahold Delhaize resolves Kraft Heinz delisting spat
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report