Blog: I wasn't going to write this one but..
Catherine Sleep | 2 September 2005
I hesitated to do anything about the offers of help that have come in from the food industry following the devastation caused by hurricane Katrina. It's not directly business related, I thought, in my cynical way. And I was concerned that it would be unfair to report one company's offer without making sure that everybody's gets a mention and I couldn't be sure of doing that.
But there is, as the old cliche goes, an elephant in the room. The big news event is Katrina and its horrifying aftermath. In the long term it will make a difference to the food business around the world. But in the short term there is a need for immediate help. I've mentioned a few of the food companies which have contributed. To all the ones I haven't mentioned I apologise
News Editor, just-food.com
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities