Blog: I wasn't going to write this one but..
Catherine Sleep | 2 September 2005
I hesitated to do anything about the offers of help that have come in from the food industry following the devastation caused by hurricane Katrina. It's not directly business related, I thought, in my cynical way. And I was concerned that it would be unfair to report one company's offer without making sure that everybody's gets a mention and I couldn't be sure of doing that.
But there is, as the old cliche goes, an elephant in the room. The big news event is Katrina and its horrifying aftermath. In the long term it will make a difference to the food business around the world. But in the short term there is a need for immediate help. I've mentioned a few of the food companies which have contributed. To all the ones I haven't mentioned I apologise
News Editor, just-food.com
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Hochdorf expands in Africa with Pharmalys buy
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review