Blog: Ice cream can be hot stuff
Catherine Sleep | 11 July 2006
I've just heard about one foodstuff I bet competitive eaters WON’T be queuing up to try – an ice cream so hot it can make grown men weep. In fact, consumers have to sign a waiver and it’s plain off limits for children and pregnant women.
Mildly unconventional flavour combination enjoy popular appeal – sweet jellies with savoury meats and so on – but this sounds like a challenge rather than a pleasure. Called Cold Sweat, the ice cream contains three kinds of pepper and even the North Carolina-based inventor won’t touch it. What is it with these macho foods? Why do we have to prove our bravado through what we eat?
Fortunately I live far, far away from North Carolina, in a place safe from such perils. No such luck for News & Observer reporter Ryan Teague Beckwith, whose journalistic integrity left him no choice but to sign that waiver and brace himself.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities