Blog: If it looks like fish and smells like fish...
Catherine Sleep | 8 November 2006
...then it probably is fish. Which is pretty much what you’d expect in a fish & chip shop, n’est-ce pas? Not according to somebody who complained to the council that a Wakefield fish & chip shop smelled of, um, fish & chips.
The council has duly got environmental health officials involved and the shop owner has posted a notice on the door explaining the threat the shop is under. He could be banned from having fish & chip smells in the shop, which is going to be a tricky one.
You couldn’t make it up, could you?
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill