Blog: If it looks like fish and smells like fish...
Catherine Sleep | 8 November 2006
...then it probably is fish. Which is pretty much what you’d expect in a fish & chip shop, n’est-ce pas? Not according to somebody who complained to the council that a Wakefield fish & chip shop smelled of, um, fish & chips.
The council has duly got environmental health officials involved and the shop owner has posted a notice on the door explaining the threat the shop is under. He could be banned from having fish & chip smells in the shop, which is going to be a tricky one.
You couldn’t make it up, could you?
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits