Blog: If it looks like fish and smells like fish...
Catherine Sleep | 8 November 2006
...then it probably is fish. Which is pretty much what you’d expect in a fish & chip shop, n’est-ce pas? Not according to somebody who complained to the council that a Wakefield fish & chip shop smelled of, um, fish & chips.
The council has duly got environmental health officials involved and the shop owner has posted a notice on the door explaining the threat the shop is under. He could be banned from having fish & chip smells in the shop, which is going to be a tricky one.
You couldn’t make it up, could you?
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival