Blog: If it looks like fish and smells like fish...
Catherine Sleep | 8 November 2006
...then it probably is fish. Which is pretty much what you’d expect in a fish & chip shop, n’est-ce pas? Not according to somebody who complained to the council that a Wakefield fish & chip shop smelled of, um, fish & chips.
The council has duly got environmental health officials involved and the shop owner has posted a notice on the door explaining the threat the shop is under. He could be banned from having fish & chip smells in the shop, which is going to be a tricky one.
You couldn’t make it up, could you?
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities