Blog: IFE shows its Sunday best
Dean Best | 15 March 2009
Holding a trade show over at least part of the weekend tends to divide opinion.
Some grumble at the thought of having to work an extra couple of days, although some – and I include myself in this camp – see it as an ideal opportunity to grab some precious time with exhibitors before the inevitable Monday morning rush.
This year’s IFE exhibition kicked off in London’s Docklands today (15 March) and there has been a healthy – but relaxed – buzz about the ExCel centre. just-food is exhibiting at the show (you can find our stand rather handily placed in IFE’s bakery and confectionery section – our stand number is S2933).
We’ll be here for the next few days, bringing you the latest news and views from a truly international event and one that hopes to show the food industry that innovation remains vital – perhaps even more so – during a recession.
If you’d like one of the just-food team to come along and find out more your business, feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll do our best to pop by. If we can drag ourselves away from being in and among all those chocolatiers, that is.
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
Headlines that Mead Johnson's board has backed Reckitt Benckiser's takeover bid will no doubt overshadow the other news on the group this week – that it is facing a US lawsuit from a “whistle blower” ...
Kantar Worldpanel issued its monthly supermarket share data in the UK this morning - and the numbers showed a change in the identity of the country's top five food retailers....
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China