Blog: IFE shows its Sunday best
Dean Best | 15 March 2009
Holding a trade show over at least part of the weekend tends to divide opinion.
Some grumble at the thought of having to work an extra couple of days, although some – and I include myself in this camp – see it as an ideal opportunity to grab some precious time with exhibitors before the inevitable Monday morning rush.
This year’s IFE exhibition kicked off in London’s Docklands today (15 March) and there has been a healthy – but relaxed – buzz about the ExCel centre. just-food is exhibiting at the show (you can find our stand rather handily placed in IFE’s bakery and confectionery section – our stand number is S2933).
We’ll be here for the next few days, bringing you the latest news and views from a truly international event and one that hopes to show the food industry that innovation remains vital – perhaps even more so – during a recession.
If you’d like one of the just-food team to come along and find out more your business, feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll do our best to pop by. If we can drag ourselves away from being in and among all those chocolatiers, that is.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities