Blog: Introducing a new member on the just-food team
Dean Best | 24 August 2011
The more eagle-eyed among you will have noticed a change of personnel on the just-food editorial team in recent days.
Our senior reporter Petah Marian has moved on to take up the news editor's role on our sister publication just-style.com, which tracks the global apparel industry.
Although sad news for those in the food industry who have enjoyed her coverage of the retail industry in particular, we are happy to welcome on board Sam Webb, who joined us last week.
A business journalist of considerable experience, here you can read Sam's opening salvo on the recent share gains that discount retailers like Aldi have made in the UK. I am sure you will all welcome Sam onto the just-food team and you'll see him out and about in the industry soon.
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund