Blog: Invisible crusts
Catherine Sleep | 10 August 2005
Talk about pandering to kids’ demands. Baker RHM has launched a crust-free bread, Hovis Invisible Crust, which it says is the first bread ever to be baked without a crust.
The company provided some staggering statistics in its press release – apparently an amazing 35% of parents cut the crusts off sandwiches for their children.
Furthermore, according to the stats, cutting the crusts off can waste up to 45% of the bread. So what I’d like to know is do these parents provide extra sandwiches to make up for the lack of bread when the crusts are cut off? Who knows, maybe the Invisible Crust is just what they need to stop their kids filling up on crisps and sweets due to the lack of bread in their sandwiches.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities