Blog: Is Bakkavor back on track?
Dean Best | 1 April 2010
Bakkavor, the Iceland-based convenience food group, has had a turbulent 12 months, with many of its problems rooted in the Scandinavian country's financial turmoil.
However, after securing a refinancing deal with its lenders, the ready-meals maker is determined to look forward.
CFO Richard Howes told just-food yesterday (31 March) that Bakkavor's financial problems are behind the business and now the group wants to focus on operational matters.
After a wave of debt-financed acquisitions in the Noughties, a more measured tone is eminating from the company but, with the business operating in a hugely competitive sector, how will it fare over the next 12-18 months?
Next week, we will run a full interview with Bakkavor CFO Richard Howes and CEO Agust Gudmundsson to discuss the company's prospects. Keep your eyes peeled.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review