Blog: Is there a threat to Tesco?
Catherine Sleep | 24 June 2005
A group of campaigners have launched an anti-Tesco website, just as the top British supermarket chain announced another rise in sales. Groups including Friends of the Earth and the Small and Family Farms Alliance say Tesco’s power is damaging and they want the government to do something about it.
So far the customers apparently retain their affection for the retail giant. The question is, can the steady stream of attacks damage the hugely successful Tesco brand?
News Editor, just-food.com
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs