Blog: Is this really what people want?
Catherine Sleep | 11 July 2005
The Co-op has banned the use of MSG and a whole range of artificial colourings in its products. They did a survey and people said they were concerned about their children’s diet, so out it went.
The Co-op is rather fond of this sort of thing. They trumpet their range of ‘Fairtrade,’ products. Their trading is ethical and fair and their labelling is honest, they say. No doubt Tesco, and Asda and Sainsbury would say the same, but they don’t talk about it so much.
I wonder if the Co-op has got it right. They do appear to do a lot of consulting with pressure groups. Today it was the ‘Hyperactive Children's Support Group.’ It doesn’t make me any more likely to shop there. Will this really have concerned parents flocking to the Co-op?
News Editor, just-food.com
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report