Blog: It ain’t easy being green
Catherine Sleep | 15 November 2006
UK environment minister Ben Bradshaw has urged shoppers to teach supermarkets a lesson by unwrapping excess packaging and leaving it at the till. Apart from slowing down the shopping process and holding up other shoppers, are there any other pitfalls in this kind of direct action?
The Guardian sent out three of its journalists to conduct an experiment in the nation’s favourite supermarkets. Much scratching of heads ensued, with a mixed response seen from checkout personnel and store managers.
Meanwhile I just couldn’t deprive you of this photo of Mr Bradshaw with Waste & Resources Action Programme (WRAP) CEO Jenni Price and, well, a lot of heavily packaged foods arranged haphazardly around their bonces. Enjoy!
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities