Blog: Jacob's goes crackers in "British hall of fame"
Katy Askew | 4 April 2014
Kate & Wills
United Biscuits relaunched Jacob's as a "master brand" this week, bringing the group's classic cream crackers together with the likes of Mini Cheddars and Oddities.
How to celebrate the heritage of an iconic UK brand that has been trading since 1885? Make a "great British hall of fame" - from the crackers themselves - of course!
Food artists "Miss Cake" and Nathan Wyburn used over 12,000 Twiglets, 54kg of cream crackers and 10kg of mini cheddars to create various images from modern UK pop culture.
The exhibition included "Cheddar Cole", "Stone-cheddar-enge" and the Duke and Duchess of "Creamcracker-bridge" [pictured].
Sadly, however, if you wanted to see the "Union Crackerjack" or a "double cracker bus" you are out of luck. The artworks were on display in London for one evening only.
The striking exhibition was the centre piece of a launch event kicking off United Biscuits' GBP10m marketing campaign behind the Jacob's brand. The evening was hosted by TV cooking brothers Tom and Henry Herbert. (Apparently, cream crackers were a lifesaver for a wife of one of the Herbert brothers. She lived off them after being hit by Delhi-belly while travelling in India).
Marketing controller Nick Wizard took some time out at the launch event to explain the benefits UB believes the move will bring. Click here for more.
The UK retail giant has sought to "simplify" its trade terms with suppliers....
With market talk rumbling on over whether Diamond Foods is up for sale, attention has now turned to if the company could be preparing to sell its snack food brands separately having failed to secure a...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- China implements new safety regulations
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019