Blog: Jacob's goes crackers in "British hall of fame"
Katy Askew | 4 April 2014
Kate & Wills
United Biscuits relaunched Jacob's as a "master brand" this week, bringing the group's classic cream crackers together with the likes of Mini Cheddars and Oddities.
How to celebrate the heritage of an iconic UK brand that has been trading since 1885? Make a "great British hall of fame" - from the crackers themselves - of course!
Food artists "Miss Cake" and Nathan Wyburn used over 12,000 Twiglets, 54kg of cream crackers and 10kg of mini cheddars to create various images from modern UK pop culture.
The exhibition included "Cheddar Cole", "Stone-cheddar-enge" and the Duke and Duchess of "Creamcracker-bridge" [pictured].
Sadly, however, if you wanted to see the "Union Crackerjack" or a "double cracker bus" you are out of luck. The artworks were on display in London for one evening only.
The striking exhibition was the centre piece of a launch event kicking off United Biscuits' GBP10m marketing campaign behind the Jacob's brand. The evening was hosted by TV cooking brothers Tom and Henry Herbert. (Apparently, cream crackers were a lifesaver for a wife of one of the Herbert brothers. She lived off them after being hit by Delhi-belly while travelling in India).
Marketing controller Nick Wizard took some time out at the launch event to explain the benefits UB believes the move will bring. Click here for more.
US fans of British chocolate imports have taken to social media to vent their frustration after Hershey earlier this week reached a settlement with an importer to stop distributing British-made candy ...
Ads are commonly a bone of contention in this industry, with food manufacturers regularly coming under fire for what they believe is creative use of media. ...
Singapore-based agribusiness giant Wilmar International is to publish more information on how it sources its palm oil, a move welcomed by environmentalists....
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Food marketing firmly on UK political agenda
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- Mead Johnson offsets China slowdown
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report