Blog: John West, Rachel's Organic join M&A merry-go-round
Dean Best | 28 July 2010
The M&A merry-go-round continues to spin with two more notable deals involving some household brands.
This morning (28 July), private-equity firm Trilantic Capital agreed to sell MWBrands, the owner of brands including John West tuna, to Thai Union Frozen Products (TUF) for EUR680m.
The deal, once it closes, will see TUF become one of the world's largest seafood processors and have a larger presence in Europe. The region will now account for 30% of sales, rather than just 11%.
A few hours later, US dairy giant Dean Foods confirmed to just-food that it had agreed to offload Rachel's Organic, the UK organic dairy business.
Lactalis, one of Europe's largest dairy processors, will be Rachel's new owner, adding the brand to a stable that includes Seriously in the UK and global labels like President and Galbani.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report