Blog: Julie/Julia blook success
Catherine Sleep | 4 April 2006
I’ve been a fan from an early stage so I was delighted to learn that Julie Powell had been awarded the blogger’s equivalent of the Booker, namely the Blookers. The prize is awarded to people who have turned their blogs (online diaries, such as this one) into printed books.
Julie Powell decided to cook all 536 recipes in Julia Child's celebrated "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" within one year, and tell the world at large about it in an amusing, frank and often somewhat frenzied blog.
Having dipped in and out of the blog, by some strange coincidence I’m reading the book right now. If you’ve ever cooked a classic recipe, or simply tried to, you’ll love it.
I, meanwhile, have turned my attention to Elizabeth David, another grande dame of 1950s cooking, so I'm off to tie up a bouquet garni and set the casserole off on its four-hour simmer to perfection.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report