Blog: Julie/Julia blook success
Catherine Sleep | 4 April 2006
I’ve been a fan from an early stage so I was delighted to learn that Julie Powell had been awarded the blogger’s equivalent of the Booker, namely the Blookers. The prize is awarded to people who have turned their blogs (online diaries, such as this one) into printed books.
Julie Powell decided to cook all 536 recipes in Julia Child's celebrated "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" within one year, and tell the world at large about it in an amusing, frank and often somewhat frenzied blog.
Having dipped in and out of the blog, by some strange coincidence I’m reading the book right now. If you’ve ever cooked a classic recipe, or simply tried to, you’ll love it.
I, meanwhile, have turned my attention to Elizabeth David, another grande dame of 1950s cooking, so I'm off to tie up a bouquet garni and set the casserole off on its four-hour simmer to perfection.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review