Blog: just-food at CAGE
Dean Best | 15 March 2015
Nestle, Danone, Kerry Group and Tyson Foods are among the multinational consumer goods manufacturers presenting next week at the Consumer Analyst Group of Europe conference in London - of which just-food and sister site just-drinks.com are the exclusive media partners.
The CAGE conference has become a key date in the industry calendar, with blue-chip companies outlining to the financial and investment community their plans for growth.
The event will give analysts and investors the chance to hear the likes of Luis Cantarell, the head of Nestle's business in the EMEA region, as well as Danone CEO Emmanuel Faber discuss how they see 2015 for their businesses.
Kerry CEO Stan McCarthy could provide more detail on his plans for M&A activity this year after telling the market last month he expected the company to make "a significant number" of acquisitions this year.
Fellow Ireland-based food group Glanbia are also at the CAGE conference, with investors expecting another solid year from a company that has posted double-digit growth in earnings for the last five years.
It is Tyson's first appearance at CAGE, with its CFO and the head of its retail packaged brands business presenting, so expect some comment on the US meat giant's plans for recent acquisition Hillshire Brands.
Senior executives from ingredients suppliers Givaudan, Ingredion, International Flavors & Fragrances and Frutarom are also set to address CAGE.
We will provide daily coverage from the event so stay tuned to our site and our daily newsletters for more.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- UK yogurt makers call for added sugar "clarity"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review