Blog: just-food at CAGE
Dean Best | 15 March 2015
Nestle, Danone, Kerry Group and Tyson Foods are among the multinational consumer goods manufacturers presenting next week at the Consumer Analyst Group of Europe conference in London - of which just-food and sister site just-drinks.com are the exclusive media partners.
The CAGE conference has become a key date in the industry calendar, with blue-chip companies outlining to the financial and investment community their plans for growth.
The event will give analysts and investors the chance to hear the likes of Luis Cantarell, the head of Nestle's business in the EMEA region, as well as Danone CEO Emmanuel Faber discuss how they see 2015 for their businesses.
Kerry CEO Stan McCarthy could provide more detail on his plans for M&A activity this year after telling the market last month he expected the company to make "a significant number" of acquisitions this year.
Fellow Ireland-based food group Glanbia are also at the CAGE conference, with investors expecting another solid year from a company that has posted double-digit growth in earnings for the last five years.
It is Tyson's first appearance at CAGE, with its CFO and the head of its retail packaged brands business presenting, so expect some comment on the US meat giant's plans for recent acquisition Hillshire Brands.
Senior executives from ingredients suppliers Givaudan, Ingredion, International Flavors & Fragrances and Frutarom are also set to address CAGE.
We will provide daily coverage from the event so stay tuned to our site and our daily newsletters for more.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Duke Food Productions, the US private-label manufacturer, is to set up a plant in its second state in the country....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report