Blog: just-food closed for public holiday - but catch up with our top content here
Dean Best | 26 May 2014
We have downed tools today for the spring public holiday in England and Wales. However, while we are dodging the showers, those of you at work can catch up with some of our top content from the last seven days.
On Friday, in conjunction with Kantar Worldpanel, we published data on the leading food brands in the BRIC markets.
Kantar's Brand Footprint ranking, in its second year, seeks to show the brands being bought by the most households, the most often.
For those operating in these key emerging markets, the data makes for fascinating reading, with, in the main, local food brands dominating the lists.
However, international brands have made some gains, underlining the opportunity for companies from overseas.
Subscribers can check out the data here.
Both businesses have enjoyed growth in a challenging market and their chief executives discussed trading conditions and the outlook for their companies with us.
If you don't currently enjoy full access to just-food, don't forget you can take advantage of a special offer we are running. By clicking here, you can buy 30 days of access for just GBP1, EUR1 or US$1 (depending on where you are based).
We'll be back at our desks tomorrow.
The US competition watchdog has shown its teeth and moved to block Sysco's takeover of fellow US foodservice distributor US Foods....
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- Why US Dietary Guidelines report deserves praise
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Kerry Group CEO expects more M&A in 2015
- Gruma FY earnings surge as margins improve
- Kerry sales, earnings rise but food weighs
- Glanbia FY profits beat analyst forecasts
- Pinnacle efficiency helps profits amid flat sales