Blog: just-food closed for public holiday - but catch up with our top content here
Dean Best | 26 May 2014
We have downed tools today for the spring public holiday in England and Wales. However, while we are dodging the showers, those of you at work can catch up with some of our top content from the last seven days.
On Friday, in conjunction with Kantar Worldpanel, we published data on the leading food brands in the BRIC markets.
Kantar's Brand Footprint ranking, in its second year, seeks to show the brands being bought by the most households, the most often.
For those operating in these key emerging markets, the data makes for fascinating reading, with, in the main, local food brands dominating the lists.
However, international brands have made some gains, underlining the opportunity for companies from overseas.
Subscribers can check out the data here.
Both businesses have enjoyed growth in a challenging market and their chief executives discussed trading conditions and the outlook for their companies with us.
If you don't currently enjoy full access to just-food, don't forget you can take advantage of a special offer we are running. By clicking here, you can buy 30 days of access for just GBP1, EUR1 or US$1 (depending on where you are based).
We'll be back at our desks tomorrow.
The UK's Serious Fraud Office has launched an investigation into the GBP263m (US$424.6m) black hole in Tesco's accounts, the retailer confirmed today (29 October)....
A mobile app that claims to be the "most comprehensive food-rating database available" to US consumers has raised the hackles of the country's food manufacturers....
Just weeks after announcing a purchasing tie-up in France with local rival Systeme U, Auchan has outlined an international agreement with Germany's Metro Group....
Tesco has reported a massive 92% drop in first half profits as the accounting fiasco continues to widen....
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report