Blog: just-food closed for public holiday - but catch up with our top content here
Dean Best | 26 May 2014
We have downed tools today for the spring public holiday in England and Wales. However, while we are dodging the showers, those of you at work can catch up with some of our top content from the last seven days.
On Friday, in conjunction with Kantar Worldpanel, we published data on the leading food brands in the BRIC markets.
Kantar's Brand Footprint ranking, in its second year, seeks to show the brands being bought by the most households, the most often.
For those operating in these key emerging markets, the data makes for fascinating reading, with, in the main, local food brands dominating the lists.
However, international brands have made some gains, underlining the opportunity for companies from overseas.
Subscribers can check out the data here.
Both businesses have enjoyed growth in a challenging market and their chief executives discussed trading conditions and the outlook for their companies with us.
If you don't currently enjoy full access to just-food, don't forget you can take advantage of a special offer we are running. By clicking here, you can buy 30 days of access for just GBP1, EUR1 or US$1 (depending on where you are based).
We'll be back at our desks tomorrow.
Food is a small part of the portfolio at PZ Cussons, the UK-based FMCG group better known for brands including Imperial Leather soap and Charles Worthington shampoo. However, the company is a major ol...
Cargill's move to buy Archer Daniels Midland's chocolate business has cleared its last regulatory hurdle after clearance from the European Commission. But Brussels has asked Cargill to offload part of...
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- Happy Family CEO on baby and beyond
- BRICs and beyond: Kam Tai's Chinese growth story
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"
- Lactalis surpasses Danone on dairy league table
- Mondelez Mexico investment to hit 600 US jobs
- Greencore sales up on UK, US growth
- Sainsbury's launches kids frozen meal range