Blog: just-food closed on Monday - but catch up on what you may have missed
Dean Best | 22 August 2014
A quick note to say we are closed on Monday (25 August) for a public holiday in England and Wales - but there's plenty for you to peruse on the site before we return on Tuesday.
Our On the money pages this week reflected on the results and prospects for two companies performing well in recent quarters - upmarket Swiss chocolate group Lindt & Sprungli and US food maker Hain Celestial.
Elsewhere this week, we reported on Hormel Foods' plans to continue searching for acquisition targets and we provided the latest on the building takeover saga surrounding Chiquita Brands International.
And of course you can keep tabs on the important developments surrounding Russia's food embargo on our Hot Issue pages.
Don't forget, if you are a non-subscriber, you can get full access to just-food for 30 days for just a GBP1, US$1 or EUR1 by clicking here.
Next week, we'll be publishing interviews with executives from two leading dairy companies and our latest chat with an SME for our bitesize column.
Have a good weekend.
Just weeks after announcing a purchasing tie-up in France with local rival Systeme U, Auchan has outlined an international agreement with Germany's Metro Group....
Tesco has reported a massive 92% drop in first half profits as the accounting fiasco continues to widen....
A conference being held in London today is taking on the ambitious topic of agricultural technology and specifically will be looking at the implementation of the UK government's Agricultural Technolog...
As the importance of health has grow in consumers' minds, frozen food has been left out in the cold. But two major manufacturers in the US are looking to heat up the sector by claiming frozen food mea...
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"