Blog: just-food closed on Monday - but catch up on what you may have missed
Dean Best | 22 August 2014
A quick note to say we are closed on Monday (25 August) for a public holiday in England and Wales - but there's plenty for you to peruse on the site before we return on Tuesday.
Our On the money pages this week reflected on the results and prospects for two companies performing well in recent quarters - upmarket Swiss chocolate group Lindt & Sprungli and US food maker Hain Celestial.
Elsewhere this week, we reported on Hormel Foods' plans to continue searching for acquisition targets and we provided the latest on the building takeover saga surrounding Chiquita Brands International.
And of course you can keep tabs on the important developments surrounding Russia's food embargo on our Hot Issue pages.
Don't forget, if you are a non-subscriber, you can get full access to just-food for 30 days for just a GBP1, US$1 or EUR1 by clicking here.
Next week, we'll be publishing interviews with executives from two leading dairy companies and our latest chat with an SME for our bitesize column.
Have a good weekend.
In the sustainability arena, objective endorsement by a third party, particularly an NGO with credibility levels among consumers that even Unilever can only dream of, is an extremely valuable commodit...
An eye-catching tech move from Tesco has been revealed this week - and one that has echoes of one of Amazon's latest initiatives in the US....
Danone has appointed a new executive to lead its early life nutrition business, which features brands including Aptamil and Nutrilon....
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- ConAgra sells two bakeries to Alpha Baking
- ABF takes Patak's into frozen ready meals category