Blog: just-food closed on Monday - but catch up on what you may have missed
Dean Best | 22 August 2014
A quick note to say we are closed on Monday (25 August) for a public holiday in England and Wales - but there's plenty for you to peruse on the site before we return on Tuesday.
Our On the money pages this week reflected on the results and prospects for two companies performing well in recent quarters - upmarket Swiss chocolate group Lindt & Sprungli and US food maker Hain Celestial.
Elsewhere this week, we reported on Hormel Foods' plans to continue searching for acquisition targets and we provided the latest on the building takeover saga surrounding Chiquita Brands International.
And of course you can keep tabs on the important developments surrounding Russia's food embargo on our Hot Issue pages.
Don't forget, if you are a non-subscriber, you can get full access to just-food for 30 days for just a GBP1, US$1 or EUR1 by clicking here.
Next week, we'll be publishing interviews with executives from two leading dairy companies and our latest chat with an SME for our bitesize column.
Have a good weekend.
There has been a rise in the number of food companies in the UK filing for insolvency - and the intensification of competition between the country's grocers has been blamed....
How can diet-related ill-health be tackled? How can the health and wellbeing of the population improve? Such a complex issue is often reduced to soundbites and brickbats, with industry in the firing l...
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Regional start-ups aim to ride China's online boom
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- United Biscuits UK plant to start strike action
- Indofood to buy Danone's Indonesian dairy arm