Blog: just-food closed on Monday - but catch up on what you may have missed
Dean Best | 22 August 2014
A quick note to say we are closed on Monday (25 August) for a public holiday in England and Wales - but there's plenty for you to peruse on the site before we return on Tuesday.
Our On the money pages this week reflected on the results and prospects for two companies performing well in recent quarters - upmarket Swiss chocolate group Lindt & Sprungli and US food maker Hain Celestial.
Elsewhere this week, we reported on Hormel Foods' plans to continue searching for acquisition targets and we provided the latest on the building takeover saga surrounding Chiquita Brands International.
And of course you can keep tabs on the important developments surrounding Russia's food embargo on our Hot Issue pages.
Don't forget, if you are a non-subscriber, you can get full access to just-food for 30 days for just a GBP1, US$1 or EUR1 by clicking here.
Next week, we'll be publishing interviews with executives from two leading dairy companies and our latest chat with an SME for our bitesize column.
Have a good weekend.
just-food is closed on Monday (29 August) for a public holiday but, while we down tools, catch up on some must-read insight and interviews....
General Mills is reportedly preparing long-time executive Jeff Harmening to succeed Ken Powell as CEO....
After starting the week with a surprise stock exchange announcement that hit its shares and called into questions its accounting practices, Hain Celestial could be set to receive a boost in the UK....
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues
- Nomad Foods touts progress as H1 results worsen
- Mengniu grows sales but net profit slips