Blog: just-food closed on Monday - but catch up on what you may have missed
Dean Best | 22 August 2014
A quick note to say we are closed on Monday (25 August) for a public holiday in England and Wales - but there's plenty for you to peruse on the site before we return on Tuesday.
Our On the money pages this week reflected on the results and prospects for two companies performing well in recent quarters - upmarket Swiss chocolate group Lindt & Sprungli and US food maker Hain Celestial.
Elsewhere this week, we reported on Hormel Foods' plans to continue searching for acquisition targets and we provided the latest on the building takeover saga surrounding Chiquita Brands International.
And of course you can keep tabs on the important developments surrounding Russia's food embargo on our Hot Issue pages.
Don't forget, if you are a non-subscriber, you can get full access to just-food for 30 days for just a GBP1, US$1 or EUR1 by clicking here.
Next week, we'll be publishing interviews with executives from two leading dairy companies and our latest chat with an SME for our bitesize column.
Have a good weekend.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods