Blog: just-food experts get chatty
Catherine Sleep | 6 September 2006
Two of just-food’s regular contributors were recently interviewed on The Politics of Food, Joy Hought’s Thursday broadcast on independent radio channel KUCI, the self-proclaimed “last bastion against crappy, sound-alike radio in Orange County”. So there.
Joy is the brain behind hereticfig, one of the more thoughtful food blogs around, so I was hoping for a well-informed interview and I wasn’t disappointed. Bernice has strong views about honest advertising, especially when it comes to marketing food to children. She regularly shares her views on the marketing tactics of the multinationals with the just-food audience, but can you imagine her with half an hour of airtime….?
Bernice waxed lyrical about the need to educate kids about food and cooking, although a personal highlight for me was her having to explain what chocolate buttons are. Yes, that’s a hint that Cadbury’s Get Active! scheme got a mention. You can listen to the whole broadcast by following the links below.
Meanwhile Keith Nuthall, just-food’s WTO expert, was also invited on the programme to speak about the collapse of the Doha round of talks. The world's multilateral food trading system today stands not so much at a crossroads as at an incredibly complicated spaghetti junction with no clear exits, so it was useful to hear Keith in demystification mode.
You can listen to both broadcasts by following the links below.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities