Blog: just-food goes Dutch to meet Spar
Dean Best | 15 July 2009
It's a sunny morning here in Amsterdam today (15 July), which makes a pleasant change from the morning rain falling as just-food left London Gatwick airport at 6am this morning.
just-food is here in the Dutch capital to meet the MD of global symbol retailer Spar International to discuss, among other things, convenience, the credit crunch and cracking the world's emerging retail markets.
Spar's sales rose by more than 6% in 2008, driven by organic growth and boosted by acquisitions.
Dr Campbell's thoughts on why Spar has managed to increase revenues amid the global downturn, and on trends in the retail sector in markets from Ukraine to the UK, will be interesting to hear as the company's business spans more than 12,600 stores in 33 countries.
Keep your eyes peeled on the site in the coming days for coverage of the interview. Now, where did just-food put its sunglasses....?
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review