Blog: just-food goes Dutch to meet Spar
Dean Best | 15 July 2009
It's a sunny morning here in Amsterdam today (15 July), which makes a pleasant change from the morning rain falling as just-food left London Gatwick airport at 6am this morning.
just-food is here in the Dutch capital to meet the MD of global symbol retailer Spar International to discuss, among other things, convenience, the credit crunch and cracking the world's emerging retail markets.
Spar's sales rose by more than 6% in 2008, driven by organic growth and boosted by acquisitions.
Dr Campbell's thoughts on why Spar has managed to increase revenues amid the global downturn, and on trends in the retail sector in markets from Ukraine to the UK, will be interesting to hear as the company's business spans more than 12,600 stores in 33 countries.
Keep your eyes peeled on the site in the coming days for coverage of the interview. Now, where did just-food put its sunglasses....?
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities