Blog: just-food heads to Paris
Dean Best | 17 October 2008
The European food industry turn its gaze to Paris this weekend as the great and good of the sector convene at the biennial SIAL exhibition.
SIAL takes place in the intervening years between Anuga, Europe's other big food industry event, which is held over the border in Germany.
This year, from 19-23 October, around 140,000 visitors from 191 countries will flock to Paris for SIAL, showcasing products from dairy to deep-frozen food and from confectionery to cured meats.
SIAL offers multinational groups, including dairy giants Parmalat and Lactalis and UK food conglomerate Associated British foods, the chance to run shoulders with fledgling and up-and-coming firms from countries ranging from China to Egypt.
The international flavour of the event will be key for many exhibitors based in the mature markets of western Europe; a show like SIAL gives those firms the opportunity to open up potentially lucrative markets overseas.
just-food will make the short hop over the English Channel for the event and will be bringing the latest news and views from the show.
Be sure to check the website next week for the latest coverage.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs