Blog: just-food heads to Paris
Dean Best | 17 October 2008
The European food industry turn its gaze to Paris this weekend as the great and good of the sector convene at the biennial SIAL exhibition.
SIAL takes place in the intervening years between Anuga, Europe's other big food industry event, which is held over the border in Germany.
This year, from 19-23 October, around 140,000 visitors from 191 countries will flock to Paris for SIAL, showcasing products from dairy to deep-frozen food and from confectionery to cured meats.
SIAL offers multinational groups, including dairy giants Parmalat and Lactalis and UK food conglomerate Associated British foods, the chance to run shoulders with fledgling and up-and-coming firms from countries ranging from China to Egypt.
The international flavour of the event will be key for many exhibitors based in the mature markets of western Europe; a show like SIAL gives those firms the opportunity to open up potentially lucrative markets overseas.
just-food will make the short hop over the English Channel for the event and will be bringing the latest news and views from the show.
Be sure to check the website next week for the latest coverage.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review