Blog: just-food hits the UK's airwaves
Dean Best | 13 October 2016
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever.
Our deputy editor Katy Askew was interviewed this morning on BBC Radio 5 Live on the biggest industry story of the day - the spat between Tesco and Unilever after the FMCG giant reportedly asked for a 10% hike in prices, which was turned down by the country's largest grocer.
You can hear Katy here - her interview starts at 00:17:15.
For my snap take, published this morning, on the dispute and why Unilever will not be the only supplier to ask for price hikes in the wake of Brexit, click here.
Meanwhile, we're again canvassing the thoughts of our readers on the impact Brexit could have on their business and on the industry.
We surveyed our readers in the aftermath of the UK's vote to leave the EU and we'd like to gauge your current views. Here's a one-minute survey.
Sectors: Ice cream
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
This week, Bel struck a deal to buy a majority stake in fellow French group MOM Brands. Another French food major, Danone, faced criticism in the US over its plans for GMO ingredients. US snack maker ...
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
Hardly a day goes by when just-food is not reporting on the launch of a product that is gluten-free, a category that is now significant in markets like the US and the UK. But where could be the next m...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review