Blog: just-food hits the UK's airwaves
Dean Best | 13 October 2016
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever.
Our deputy editor Katy Askew was interviewed this morning on BBC Radio 5 Live on the biggest industry story of the day - the spat between Tesco and Unilever after the FMCG giant reportedly asked for a 10% hike in prices, which was turned down by the country's largest grocer.
You can hear Katy here - her interview starts at 00:17:15.
For my snap take, published this morning, on the dispute and why Unilever will not be the only supplier to ask for price hikes in the wake of Brexit, click here.
Meanwhile, we're again canvassing the thoughts of our readers on the impact Brexit could have on their business and on the industry.
We surveyed our readers in the aftermath of the UK's vote to leave the EU and we'd like to gauge your current views. Here's a one-minute survey.
Sectors: Ice cream
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega