Blog: just-food hits the UK's airwaves
Dean Best | 13 October 2016
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever.
Our deputy editor Katy Askew was interviewed this morning on BBC Radio 5 Live on the biggest industry story of the day - the spat between Tesco and Unilever after the FMCG giant reportedly asked for a 10% hike in prices, which was turned down by the country's largest grocer.
You can hear Katy here - her interview starts at 00:17:15.
For my snap take, published this morning, on the dispute and why Unilever will not be the only supplier to ask for price hikes in the wake of Brexit, click here.
Meanwhile, we're again canvassing the thoughts of our readers on the impact Brexit could have on their business and on the industry.
We surveyed our readers in the aftermath of the UK's vote to leave the EU and we'd like to gauge your current views. Here's a one-minute survey.
Sectors: Ice cream
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund