Blog: just-food live from the CAGE investment conference
Dean Best | 17 March 2014
Nestle, Danone, Kerry Group and Ebro Foods are among the multinational food manufacturers presenting over the next three days here at the Consumer Analyst Group of Europe conference in London.
The CAGE conference has become a key date in the industry calendar, with blue-chip companies outlining to the financial and investment community their plans for growth.
For the fourth year, just-food and sister site just-drinks are the media partners at the event. Today kicks off with Kraft Foods Group CFO Teri List-Stoll and Glanbia MD Siobhán Talbot discussing the latest developments and outlooks for their business.
Eighteen months after the split of Kraft Foods Inc created the US-focused grocery supplier Kraft Foods Group, the Cheez Whiz and Oscar Mayer owner will outline its strategy to an audience of European investors and analysts. Kraft will provide interesting insight into the state of mind of consumers in the US, where shoppers remain cautious.
Glanbia presents just days after reporting 2013 results and 2014 forecasts that pleased the market. Continued improvement at the Ireland-based group's performance nutrition arm offset a challenging year for its domestic dairy division. At CAGE, analysts will want to hear more about the outlook for both sides of the business and about Glanbia's plans for more M&A.
just-food will bring exclusive media coverage from CAGE across the three days, where the likes of Barry Callebaut, Givaudan, IFF and Symrise will join the packaged food groups in outlining how they see trading conditions in 2014 and beyond.
Sectors: Baby food, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Commodities & ingredients, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Confectionery, Dairy, Ice cream, Mergers & acquisitions, Private label, Retail, Snacks, World foods
Maggi noodles are yet to return to shelves in India but Nestle has started to pave the way for the brand's comeback with a series of social media ads....
just-food is downing tools for the public holiday in England and Wales on Monday 31 August. We'll be back at our desks on Tuesday 1 September....
Heinz's flagship product has provoked the ire of a competitor in Israel, a story that has attracted headlines in the international mainstream media. But even after making a change to the labels, a bot...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis