Blog: just-food switches on the spotlight
Dean Best | 28 September 2007
Today, just-food has launched a feature that aims to shine a spotlight on the food industry executives who dominate our news pages over a weekly period.
First under the microscope is Eckhard Cordes, the newly-appointed chief executive of Metro, the world’s third-largest retailer by sales.
Cordes has taken the helm at the German retail giant after a somewhat tense few months in the company’s boardroom. Cordes is to replace Hans-Joachim Körber, who has decided to quit after 22 years at the company. Tensions between the two men over the future direction of Metro are believed to be at the root of Körber's departure.
Cordes has a tough few months ahead of him at Metro, which, although seeing growth in Asia and Eastern Europe, has endured a problematic few months in its home market.
We take a look at would could lay in store for the 57-year-old as we kick-off our series of profiles of the leading lights in our field – whether they’ve had a good, bad or indifferent seven days.
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
The Obama administration appears to have conceded the landmark Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal will not be pushed through in the lame-duck session of Congress before Donald Trump is inaugur...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti