Blog: just-food switches on the spotlight
Dean Best | 28 September 2007
Today, just-food has launched a feature that aims to shine a spotlight on the food industry executives who dominate our news pages over a weekly period.
First under the microscope is Eckhard Cordes, the newly-appointed chief executive of Metro, the world’s third-largest retailer by sales.
Cordes has taken the helm at the German retail giant after a somewhat tense few months in the company’s boardroom. Cordes is to replace Hans-Joachim Körber, who has decided to quit after 22 years at the company. Tensions between the two men over the future direction of Metro are believed to be at the root of Körber's departure.
Cordes has a tough few months ahead of him at Metro, which, although seeing growth in Asia and Eastern Europe, has endured a problematic few months in its home market.
We take a look at would could lay in store for the 57-year-old as we kick-off our series of profiles of the leading lights in our field – whether they’ve had a good, bad or indifferent seven days.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020