Blog: Just one Cornetto…
Catherine Sleep | 2 September 2004
Celebridee chef Gordon Ramsay has hit the headlines again, although this time it’s not for his foul temper or gutter-level language. He’s managed to upset Unilever, by developing a summer dessert and calling it the ‘mini cornetto’.
The Anglo-Dutch conglomerate immediately called its legal team to arms, and Ramsay was duly requested to stop using the Unilever brand name. He was doubtless stroppy about it though.
Cornetto is perhaps becoming one of those brands so well established that it becomes used as a generic terms, like Tempo in German for paper hanky, or Hoover or Sellotape in the UK.
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch