Blog: Katie Price, Twitter and Chinese fiscal policy
Sam Webb | 24 January 2012
Reality TV star/entrepreneur/celebrity culture totem Katie Price shocked her Twitter followers with a series of tweets on global fiscal policy on Sunday (22 January).
"Chinese leaders now likely to loosen monetary policy to stimulate growth. Yay!!" said one. "OMG!! Eurozone debt problems can only be properly solved by true fiscal union!!! #comonguys", followed by "Large scale quantitative easing in 2012 could distort liquidity of govt. bond market. #justsayin". Cue head scratching from her 1.5m followers, bar those who are economic decision makers in Brussels and Beijing (you never know).
Price, formally known as Jordan, has previously spoken of her desire to move away from her glamour model lads mag roots and be perceived as a legitimate business woman. Is this economic punditry her latest bid to be taken seriously?
You've probably guessed the answer is no. It was all a PR stunt by Snickers, the chocolate bar from Mars. Price's insights into the pressing economic issues of the day were followed by a picture of the former Mrs Peter Andre holding a Snickers and the line "You're not you when you're hungry".
Seems pretty clever PR and a bit of fun, right? It was, however, not without its detractors. One tweeter posted: "So the implication of that Snickers campaign is that eating them keeps Katie Price vacuous and inane? Fine work." Food for thought...
With market talk rumbling on over whether Diamond Foods is up for sale, attention has now turned to if the company could be preparing to sell its snack food brands separately having failed to secure a...
Opposition to the use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in food continues to prove a controversial issue....
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- China implements new safety regulations
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom