Blog: Kellogg shows willing but is it enough to secure UB?
Katy Askew | 3 October 2014
Kellogg CEO John Byrant has reportedly flown to London to meet with United Biscuits as part of the US company's bid to seal a deal for the UK biscuits group.
According to The Wall Street Journal, Byrant has made the trip to discuss a bid that values UB at around GBP2bn (US$3.23bn).
Kellogg is up against some stiff competition from strategic buyers also competing to take control of United Biscuits. The likes of Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan-backed Burton's Biscuit Co. and Yildiz Holding-backed Ulker are also said to be in the running for the firm. Added to the pot can be a potential float of United Biscuits, which owners Blackstone Group and PAI Partners are also said to be considering.
The private-equity firms are working to extract maximum value as they exit their investment in the maker of Jacob's and McVitie's. And the rivalry to take control of the firm appears intense.
Byrant's visit to London is a statement of intent. But it will take more than this to ink an agreement. Kellogg shareholders will likely be feeling wary the company does not pay an overly high premium in its chase for United Biscuits.
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review