Blog: Kraft buys Cadbury - but what do YOU think?
Dean Best | 2 February 2010
And so, with a 200-word formal statement, comes the end of Cadbury as an independent company.
The UK confectioner, owner of brands from Dairy Milk and Wispa chocolate to Halls candy and Trident gum, is now part of US food giant Kraft Foods.
In an announcement this evening (2 February), Kraft said investors representing over 71% of Cadbury's outstanding shares had accepted the bid.
"The combination of Kraft Foods and Cadbury creates a global powerhouse in snacks, confectionery and quick meals," said Kraft chairman and CEO Irene Rosenfeld.
But what do you think? Eyes will now turn to what the mega-deal will mean for both businesses - and for the wider competitive landscape in confectionery.
How will Cadbury fare under Kraft's ownership? Will Cadbury transform the Kraft portfolio? What will be the impact on the rest of the confectionery sector? We're keen to hear your views.
We've put together a short questionnaire, which will only take a few minutes of your time. Once the responses have been compiled, I will send you the results.
The survey is live now, so please dive in and have your say.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review