Blog: Kraft deal sweetens Barry Callebaut shares
Dean Best | 9 September 2010
Today's (9 September) announcement that Barry Callebaut has signed a fresh agreement with Kraft Foods to supply the US food giant with cocoa and chocolate sent the Swiss firm's shares soaring.
And as we outline here, the agreement is a further sign of the strength of Barry Callebaut's business model. Barry Callebaut CEO Juergen Steinemann has long espoused the business benefits for the big chocolate brand-owners of outsourcing production to companies like the one he leads.
Looking at the near 6% rise in Barry Callebaut's share price today, the market has been reminded of the benefits outsourcing also has to the Swiss chocolate maker, which is by far the largest supplier in a sector where outsourcing seems set to continue, particularly given pressure on commodity costs.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review