Blog: Kraft Foods, ConAgra extend marketing tie-up
Michelle Russell | 11 October 2013
US food manufacturers Kraft Foods Group and ConAgra Foods are extending their marketing partnership through a series of new campaigns.
ConAgra and Kraft first worked together a decade ago. ConAgra's Ro*Tel tomatoes brand and Kraft's Velveeta cheese were co-marketed to create recipes including the so-called Famous Queso Dip.
Now, ConAgra, with its Hunt's tomatoes, and Kraft, with its Parmesan cheese, are adding nine recipes to the Hunt's Signature Recipe Collection - recipes made using both brands - that was launched earlier this year.
By trying these new recipes, consumers first receive a money-off coupon for the products. After creating the dish, when consumers share the recipe via social networks, they can then enter a competition to win prizes that include a chance to host a dinner party with celebrity chef George Duran.
Later this autumn, the two companies will also reportedly co-market ConAgra's Swiss Miss cocoa and Kraft's Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits in-store.
ConAgra and Kraft are also continuing to work on campaigns using the Ro*Tel and Velveeta brands. The Queso For All campaign includes online marketing, TV ads and a sampling tour across the US.
The relationship between the two companies initially began with in-store displays and promotions, and has since evolved into the kind of fully integrated marketing partnerships seen for the Hunt's and Parmesan products. By sharing portions of their advertising and promotions communications budgets, and collaborating on the campaigns, ConAgra and Kraft are hoping to - in a more financially effective way - boost sales in a challenging US grocery sector.
Companies: Kraft Foods Group
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review