Blog: Kraft Foods, ConAgra extend marketing tie-up
Michelle Russell | 11 October 2013
US food manufacturers Kraft Foods Group and ConAgra Foods are extending their marketing partnership through a series of new campaigns.
ConAgra and Kraft first worked together a decade ago. ConAgra's Ro*Tel tomatoes brand and Kraft's Velveeta cheese were co-marketed to create recipes including the so-called Famous Queso Dip.
Now, ConAgra, with its Hunt's tomatoes, and Kraft, with its Parmesan cheese, are adding nine recipes to the Hunt's Signature Recipe Collection - recipes made using both brands - that was launched earlier this year.
By trying these new recipes, consumers first receive a money-off coupon for the products. After creating the dish, when consumers share the recipe via social networks, they can then enter a competition to win prizes that include a chance to host a dinner party with celebrity chef George Duran.
Later this autumn, the two companies will also reportedly co-market ConAgra's Swiss Miss cocoa and Kraft's Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits in-store.
ConAgra and Kraft are also continuing to work on campaigns using the Ro*Tel and Velveeta brands. The Queso For All campaign includes online marketing, TV ads and a sampling tour across the US.
The relationship between the two companies initially began with in-store displays and promotions, and has since evolved into the kind of fully integrated marketing partnerships seen for the Hunt's and Parmesan products. By sharing portions of their advertising and promotions communications budgets, and collaborating on the campaigns, ConAgra and Kraft are hoping to - in a more financially effective way - boost sales in a challenging US grocery sector.
Companies: Kraft Foods Group
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
Bunge, the US agribusiness giant, has announced a distribution agreement with Philippines-based food ingredients supplier D&L Industries....
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review