Blog: Kraft tightens up on trans fats
Catherine Sleep | 25 July 2003
The sentence with which he really took issue about saturated fats has been removed and has now been replaced with:
'A comprehensive National Academy of Sciences (NAS) study concluded that trans fat raises LDL blood cholesterol (so-called bad cholesterol) which is directly linked to increased risk of coronary heart disease'.
This is much more accurate. Hugh asked Kraft when they were going to change it and although he had no reply, the company was obviously spurred into action. Maybe Hugh’s article had something to do with that? We like to think so, anyway.
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities