Blog: Kraft's Cadbury bid wake-up call
Dean Best | 7 September 2009
Wowzer. There is nothing like the smell of a good story in the morning. Kraft's announcement that it has bid for Cadbury meant those Monday morning blues quickly vanished.
However, after Cadbury's rebuttal and swift announcement of its own, it's clear that Kraft's hard work will continue well past midday and into the days and weeks ahead.
A revised bid is very likely as Kraft seeks to win over a determined Cadbury board. If it wishes to remain independent, the UK confectioner will have some hard work of its own in demonstrating that it does not need to join forces with Kraft to grow and generate value for investors.
just-food is en route to London's Olympia for the unveiling of a new sustainability initiative for the global chocolate supply chain. Something, however, tells me the chatter will be less about the ethics of cocoa sourcing and more about the boardroom battle for one of the world's most renowned chocolate brands.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities