Blog: Kraft's Cadbury bid wake-up call
Dean Best | 7 September 2009
Wowzer. There is nothing like the smell of a good story in the morning. Kraft's announcement that it has bid for Cadbury meant those Monday morning blues quickly vanished.
However, after Cadbury's rebuttal and swift announcement of its own, it's clear that Kraft's hard work will continue well past midday and into the days and weeks ahead.
A revised bid is very likely as Kraft seeks to win over a determined Cadbury board. If it wishes to remain independent, the UK confectioner will have some hard work of its own in demonstrating that it does not need to join forces with Kraft to grow and generate value for investors.
just-food is en route to London's Olympia for the unveiling of a new sustainability initiative for the global chocolate supply chain. Something, however, tells me the chatter will be less about the ethics of cocoa sourcing and more about the boardroom battle for one of the world's most renowned chocolate brands.
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin