Blog: Kraft's Cadbury bid wake-up call
Dean Best | 7 September 2009
Wowzer. There is nothing like the smell of a good story in the morning. Kraft's announcement that it has bid for Cadbury meant those Monday morning blues quickly vanished.
However, after Cadbury's rebuttal and swift announcement of its own, it's clear that Kraft's hard work will continue well past midday and into the days and weeks ahead.
A revised bid is very likely as Kraft seeks to win over a determined Cadbury board. If it wishes to remain independent, the UK confectioner will have some hard work of its own in demonstrating that it does not need to join forces with Kraft to grow and generate value for investors.
just-food is en route to London's Olympia for the unveiling of a new sustainability initiative for the global chocolate supply chain. Something, however, tells me the chatter will be less about the ethics of cocoa sourcing and more about the boardroom battle for one of the world's most renowned chocolate brands.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review