Blog: Kudos to Nestlé
Catherine Sleep | 19 July 2004
Just to confound the myth that the media are only interested in bad news stories, here’s a heart-warming tale of good deeds for you. just-food.com news editor Kate Barker has bravely volunteered, along with her mother, to make the wedding cake for her elder sister’s upcoming nuptials. But their carefully laid plans came a cropper when they were unable to locate any white chocolate ‘Matchmaker’ sticks with which they had been planning to trim the cake.
Kate’s Mum phoned up Nestlé UK last week, and the woman she spoke to went to find out and phoned back a day or so later to say they don't make them anymore and don't have any left in stock anywhere. Arrrgh….!
However, she suggested some alternatives – white chocolate Maltesers and After Eights. Mrs Barker asked where she could buy white chocolate After Eights and the woman said she'd send some over. So they now have twelve 300g boxes of white chocolate After Eights totally free.
How's that for customer service? Nice one, Nestlé.
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery