Blog: Kudos to Nestlé
Catherine Sleep | 19 July 2004
Just to confound the myth that the media are only interested in bad news stories, here’s a heart-warming tale of good deeds for you. just-food.com news editor Kate Barker has bravely volunteered, along with her mother, to make the wedding cake for her elder sister’s upcoming nuptials. But their carefully laid plans came a cropper when they were unable to locate any white chocolate ‘Matchmaker’ sticks with which they had been planning to trim the cake.
Kate’s Mum phoned up Nestlé UK last week, and the woman she spoke to went to find out and phoned back a day or so later to say they don't make them anymore and don't have any left in stock anywhere. Arrrgh….!
However, she suggested some alternatives – white chocolate Maltesers and After Eights. Mrs Barker asked where she could buy white chocolate After Eights and the woman said she'd send some over. So they now have twelve 300g boxes of white chocolate After Eights totally free.
How's that for customer service? Nice one, Nestlé.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs