Blog: Kudos to Nestlé
Catherine Sleep | 19 July 2004
Just to confound the myth that the media are only interested in bad news stories, here’s a heart-warming tale of good deeds for you. just-food.com news editor Kate Barker has bravely volunteered, along with her mother, to make the wedding cake for her elder sister’s upcoming nuptials. But their carefully laid plans came a cropper when they were unable to locate any white chocolate ‘Matchmaker’ sticks with which they had been planning to trim the cake.
Kate’s Mum phoned up Nestlé UK last week, and the woman she spoke to went to find out and phoned back a day or so later to say they don't make them anymore and don't have any left in stock anywhere. Arrrgh….!
However, she suggested some alternatives – white chocolate Maltesers and After Eights. Mrs Barker asked where she could buy white chocolate After Eights and the woman said she'd send some over. So they now have twelve 300g boxes of white chocolate After Eights totally free.
How's that for customer service? Nice one, Nestlé.
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
Headlines that Mead Johnson's board has backed Reckitt Benckiser's takeover bid will no doubt overshadow the other news on the group this week – that it is facing a US lawsuit from a “whistle blower” ...
Kantar Worldpanel issued its monthly supermarket share data in the UK this morning - and the numbers showed a change in the identity of the country's top five food retailers....
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China