Blog: “Learning the value of money”
Catherine Sleep | 30 March 2004
The teenage daughter of Thailand’s billionaire prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has started work in McDonald’s. Her Dad is keen that she learn the value of money and of hard work. He himself worked at KFC while completing his studies in the US, so he knows whereof he speaks.
It’s refreshing – one imagines the kids of rich leaders being too cushioned, or perhaps even too endangered, to take jobs in fastfood joints. As a teenager I had a Saturday job in our village butchery which certainly taught me what hard work feels like. I also eventually saved up enough money to buy a really cool pair of red roller skates. Well, it was the 80s.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review