Blog: Let me tell you a story...
Dean Best | 8 June 2007
The food industry is so full of history, culture, and innovation – and pervades so much of our lives – that we learn new things about everyday.
And that’s true if we’ve been working in the industry for a month, a year, a decade or longer.
News of a valuable new resource on the UK food industry crossed the just-food editorial desk today (8 June).
The British Library has launched 'Food Stories', an interactive service designed to teach users about the changes that have taken place in the UK food industry throughout the last century.
It covers a range of topics including changes in eating habits; food and regulation; the rituals and traditions surrounding food; and food and technology.
Check it out at http://www.bl.uk/learning/histcitizen/foodstories/index.html
I’ve had a quick search around the site and it provides an interesting background to the industry; particularly for someone relatively new to the sector like me.
But even if you’re a food industry veteran, you’re sure to be interested in some of the oral testimony collected by the British Library to support the project and to illustrate the changes in the food industry. Fascinating stuff.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review