Blog: Licence to chill...
Dean Best | 1 June 2009
For many women, the infamous scene of Daniel Craig's sculpted torso emerging from the sea in Casino Royale will be ingrained in our memories forever.
Well it seems that now, we can have a taste of what the lucky Eva Green experienced in the film thanks to Del Monte.
The US food group have immortalised the James Bond star’s naked torso in a limited-edition frozen smoothie on a stick on sale in the UK to mark National Ice Cream Week.
The creation came after the star was voted Britain's Coolest Smoothie in a poll of over 1,000 women across the UK, beating stiff competition from the likes of Jude Law, Hugh Grant and Tom Jones.
The lollies were also commissioned to launch the new Del Monte Superfruit Smoothie, a blend of blueberries, pomegranate and are under 100 calories each – as if you’re even going to care about the calorie content while you’re licking away!
However, not all women seem to be as excited about the launch. On calling for the release, a less than enthused lady on the receiving line sighed: "Is it about the lollies..?"
Clearly Daniel Craig isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Or maybe she was just disappointed the Welsh crooner didn’t make the cut.
Feast your eyes on the delicious image ladies and decide for yourselves…
Michelle Russell, reporter
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report