Blog: Lincoln: a presidential Big Cheese
Dean Best | 7 July 2009
The Fourth of July is known the world over as perhaps the most patriotic date in the American calendar.
Commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence from us Brits, it's a day when the US can celebrate its traditions and history.
Perhaps not as well-known but certainly well-used is the phrase "Only in America", a quip that seeks to highlight how idiosyncratic US culture can be.
And only in America would a leading snack maker mark the Fourth of July with the creation of a 6ft-plus statue of President Lincoln ... made of cheese.
Last weekend was the third occasion on which Kellogg's Cheez-It crackers brand marked Indepedence Day with a statue.
2007 saw the creation of a Mount Rushmore made from cheese.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review