Blog: Live from the CIES World Food Business Summit
Dean Best | 18 June 2008
just-food hits the picturesque German city of Munich over the next three days to bring you live coverage from one of the leading European food industry conferences of the year - the CIES World Food Business Summit 2008.
Though steeped in Bavarian history, Munich is a truly international city and an ideal place for such a global event. Weaving through the groups of tourists (and even the odd hen party) strolling along the bustling city-centre Marienplatz last night, it was clear that the city famed for its traditional bier and bratwurst has grown to become as cosmopolitan as the German capital, Berlin.
The summit reflects that mix of homegrown and international. We'll hear from the likes of Alain Caparros, the boss of German retail giant Rewe, who will give his thoughts on one of Europe's toughest retail markets.
Delegates will also hear from, among others, two of the food and beverage industries leading lights - Coke president and chief operating officer Muhtar Kent and Danone chief executive Franck Riboud.
Keep an eye on our pages for all the latest....
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review