Blog: Live from the CIES World Food Business Summit
Dean Best | 18 June 2008
just-food hits the picturesque German city of Munich over the next three days to bring you live coverage from one of the leading European food industry conferences of the year - the CIES World Food Business Summit 2008.
Though steeped in Bavarian history, Munich is a truly international city and an ideal place for such a global event. Weaving through the groups of tourists (and even the odd hen party) strolling along the bustling city-centre Marienplatz last night, it was clear that the city famed for its traditional bier and bratwurst has grown to become as cosmopolitan as the German capital, Berlin.
The summit reflects that mix of homegrown and international. We'll hear from the likes of Alain Caparros, the boss of German retail giant Rewe, who will give his thoughts on one of Europe's toughest retail markets.
Delegates will also hear from, among others, two of the food and beverage industries leading lights - Coke president and chief operating officer Muhtar Kent and Danone chief executive Franck Riboud.
Keep an eye on our pages for all the latest....
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods