Blog: Live from the CIES World Food Business Summit
Dean Best | 18 June 2008
just-food hits the picturesque German city of Munich over the next three days to bring you live coverage from one of the leading European food industry conferences of the year - the CIES World Food Business Summit 2008.
Though steeped in Bavarian history, Munich is a truly international city and an ideal place for such a global event. Weaving through the groups of tourists (and even the odd hen party) strolling along the bustling city-centre Marienplatz last night, it was clear that the city famed for its traditional bier and bratwurst has grown to become as cosmopolitan as the German capital, Berlin.
The summit reflects that mix of homegrown and international. We'll hear from the likes of Alain Caparros, the boss of German retail giant Rewe, who will give his thoughts on one of Europe's toughest retail markets.
Delegates will also hear from, among others, two of the food and beverage industries leading lights - Coke president and chief operating officer Muhtar Kent and Danone chief executive Franck Riboud.
Keep an eye on our pages for all the latest....
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review