Blog: Live from the CIES World Food Business Summit
Dean Best | 18 June 2008
just-food hits the picturesque German city of Munich over the next three days to bring you live coverage from one of the leading European food industry conferences of the year - the CIES World Food Business Summit 2008.
Though steeped in Bavarian history, Munich is a truly international city and an ideal place for such a global event. Weaving through the groups of tourists (and even the odd hen party) strolling along the bustling city-centre Marienplatz last night, it was clear that the city famed for its traditional bier and bratwurst has grown to become as cosmopolitan as the German capital, Berlin.
The summit reflects that mix of homegrown and international. We'll hear from the likes of Alain Caparros, the boss of German retail giant Rewe, who will give his thoughts on one of Europe's toughest retail markets.
Delegates will also hear from, among others, two of the food and beverage industries leading lights - Coke president and chief operating officer Muhtar Kent and Danone chief executive Franck Riboud.
Keep an eye on our pages for all the latest....
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020