Blog: Live to buy another day
Petah Marian | 23 November 2010
Pierce Brosnan is starring in Spar Austria's latest campaign
Spar's local retail business in Austria has managed to get Pierce Brosnan to relive his James Bond character to promote its new premium private-label range.
Brosnan is to be featured in a TV campaign that, according to the retailer, shows him "as 007 going after exactly what he wants, with the help of the Premium products".
The range, which was unveiled yesterday (22 November) will be called Spar Premium, and will comprise some 80 products.
Like Bond, the packaging is "elegant and classy" and uses black and silver packaging "complete with attractive images of the product".
Premium is the retailer's fourth own-label range to be launched in the country within four years, which it said "demonstrates the fantastic success of own-label products for the food retail chain".
The move echoes that of Bill Murray's character in Lost in Translation, when, as a faded film star, he travels to Tokyo to star in a series of Japanese Whiskey ads. Who would have ever imagined that Bond would sink so low?
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020