Blog: Live to buy another day
Petah Marian | 23 November 2010
Pierce Brosnan is starring in Spar Austria's latest campaign
Spar's local retail business in Austria has managed to get Pierce Brosnan to relive his James Bond character to promote its new premium private-label range.
Brosnan is to be featured in a TV campaign that, according to the retailer, shows him "as 007 going after exactly what he wants, with the help of the Premium products".
The range, which was unveiled yesterday (22 November) will be called Spar Premium, and will comprise some 80 products.
Like Bond, the packaging is "elegant and classy" and uses black and silver packaging "complete with attractive images of the product".
Premium is the retailer's fourth own-label range to be launched in the country within four years, which it said "demonstrates the fantastic success of own-label products for the food retail chain".
The move echoes that of Bill Murray's character in Lost in Translation, when, as a faded film star, he travels to Tokyo to star in a series of Japanese Whiskey ads. Who would have ever imagined that Bond would sink so low?
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
Headlines that Mead Johnson's board has backed Reckitt Benckiser's takeover bid will no doubt overshadow the other news on the group this week – that it is facing a US lawsuit from a “whistle blower” ...
Kantar Worldpanel issued its monthly supermarket share data in the UK this morning - and the numbers showed a change in the identity of the country's top five food retailers....
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China