Blog: Live to buy another day
Petah Marian | 23 November 2010
Pierce Brosnan is starring in Spar Austria's latest campaign
Spar's local retail business in Austria has managed to get Pierce Brosnan to relive his James Bond character to promote its new premium private-label range.
Brosnan is to be featured in a TV campaign that, according to the retailer, shows him "as 007 going after exactly what he wants, with the help of the Premium products".
The range, which was unveiled yesterday (22 November) will be called Spar Premium, and will comprise some 80 products.
Like Bond, the packaging is "elegant and classy" and uses black and silver packaging "complete with attractive images of the product".
Premium is the retailer's fourth own-label range to be launched in the country within four years, which it said "demonstrates the fantastic success of own-label products for the food retail chain".
The move echoes that of Bill Murray's character in Lost in Translation, when, as a faded film star, he travels to Tokyo to star in a series of Japanese Whiskey ads. Who would have ever imagined that Bond would sink so low?
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations