Blog: Live to buy another day
Petah Marian | 23 November 2010
Pierce Brosnan is starring in Spar Austria's latest campaign
Spar's local retail business in Austria has managed to get Pierce Brosnan to relive his James Bond character to promote its new premium private-label range.
Brosnan is to be featured in a TV campaign that, according to the retailer, shows him "as 007 going after exactly what he wants, with the help of the Premium products".
The range, which was unveiled yesterday (22 November) will be called Spar Premium, and will comprise some 80 products.
Like Bond, the packaging is "elegant and classy" and uses black and silver packaging "complete with attractive images of the product".
Premium is the retailer's fourth own-label range to be launched in the country within four years, which it said "demonstrates the fantastic success of own-label products for the food retail chain".
The move echoes that of Bill Murray's character in Lost in Translation, when, as a faded film star, he travels to Tokyo to star in a series of Japanese Whiskey ads. Who would have ever imagined that Bond would sink so low?
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016