Blog: London Olympics imperil old salmon smokery
Catherine Sleep | 18 October 2005
I’m chuffed the 2012 Olympics have been awarded to London. I’m less chuffed that the development is threatening the continued existence of the last salmon smokery in East London. Forman & Field, the artisan food company, says its smokery faces closure as it is on the site earmarked for the Olympic Park.
The London Development Agency is responsible for the fair relocation of businesses on the proposed site to like-for-like sites, but following two years of negotiations Forman & Field says the LDA has failed to deliver on promises made to the International Olympic Committee that no one will lose from the Games coming to London The company is getting together a petition to urge the government to sort it out. A worthy cause indeed; we’ve got to look after our small food businesses.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review