Blog: Looking on the bright side at Anuga
Dean Best | 11 October 2011
This year's Anuga exhibition in the German city of Cologne is taking place in the middle of the eurozone crisis. You'd expect doom and gloom at every turn but exhibitors are determined to look for the positive.
And even the weather went against the grain of the mood in the economy (no analogies about economic storm clouds here). On a bright day in Cologne, the crowds gathered to continue to do business in what remains some of the most challenging trading conditions in decades.
"People need to be active and believe that things are changing," one dairy exhibitor told just-food. "We feel that people are interested in doing business."
Of course, at a trade show, doing business involves showcasing a company's latest products. For every new flavour of yoghurt or low-fat meat, there are the more unique examples of innovation - from a pizza sold in a cone to toasted burgers. With the distance to be walked at an exhibition like this, just-food could be ready to snap one up before the end of the event.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review