Blog: Loyalty to the boss
Dean Best | 11 June 2007
The dispute between Danone and its Chinese partner Wahaha is fast becoming of serious concern to the French food giant.
Nevertheless, despite the recriminations, Danone’s management must have raised a wry smile upon reading the fierce protests apparently coming from Wahaha workers.
Upon the resignation of Wahaha chairman Zong Quin Hou as head of the ventures between the company and Danone, Wahaha released letters, said to have been written by Wahaha workers, to the Chinese press, which emphasized their loyalty to Zong.
“How can our respectable helmsman be forced away by Chinese traitors and rascal directors,” one passage said. “We only want chairman Zong and we firmly reject Danone!”
This spat looks set to run and run.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report