Blog: McDonald’s gets chatty
Catherine Sleep | 24 January 2006
My boss sent me a link to a blog about McDonald’s. So used am I to seeing anti-McDonald’s material on the Internet that I assumed this would be another in the same vein. In fact it is a blog set up by the Corporate Social Responsibility department at McDonald’s, encouragingly titled Open for Discussion.
Looks like it’s pretty new as there aren’t many posts yet, but it will be worth keeping an eye on. Of course it’s just another marketing channel, but blogs by their nature allow backchat, within reason, which makes it interesting. As Bob Langert, senior director, CSR, tell us in his prologue: “we can have a conversation”. Let’s see how meaningful that conversation turns out to be.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report