Blog: McDonald’s gets chatty
Catherine Sleep | 24 January 2006
My boss sent me a link to a blog about McDonald’s. So used am I to seeing anti-McDonald’s material on the Internet that I assumed this would be another in the same vein. In fact it is a blog set up by the Corporate Social Responsibility department at McDonald’s, encouragingly titled Open for Discussion.
Looks like it’s pretty new as there aren’t many posts yet, but it will be worth keeping an eye on. Of course it’s just another marketing channel, but blogs by their nature allow backchat, within reason, which makes it interesting. As Bob Langert, senior director, CSR, tell us in his prologue: “we can have a conversation”. Let’s see how meaningful that conversation turns out to be.
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
Headlines that Mead Johnson's board has backed Reckitt Benckiser's takeover bid will no doubt overshadow the other news on the group this week – that it is facing a US lawsuit from a “whistle blower” ...
Kantar Worldpanel issued its monthly supermarket share data in the UK this morning - and the numbers showed a change in the identity of the country's top five food retailers....
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China