Blog: McDonald’s gets chatty
Catherine Sleep | 24 January 2006
My boss sent me a link to a blog about McDonald’s. So used am I to seeing anti-McDonald’s material on the Internet that I assumed this would be another in the same vein. In fact it is a blog set up by the Corporate Social Responsibility department at McDonald’s, encouragingly titled Open for Discussion.
Looks like it’s pretty new as there aren’t many posts yet, but it will be worth keeping an eye on. Of course it’s just another marketing channel, but blogs by their nature allow backchat, within reason, which makes it interesting. As Bob Langert, senior director, CSR, tell us in his prologue: “we can have a conversation”. Let’s see how meaningful that conversation turns out to be.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs