Blog: McDonald’s gets chatty
Catherine Sleep | 24 January 2006
My boss sent me a link to a blog about McDonald’s. So used am I to seeing anti-McDonald’s material on the Internet that I assumed this would be another in the same vein. In fact it is a blog set up by the Corporate Social Responsibility department at McDonald’s, encouragingly titled Open for Discussion.
Looks like it’s pretty new as there aren’t many posts yet, but it will be worth keeping an eye on. Of course it’s just another marketing channel, but blogs by their nature allow backchat, within reason, which makes it interesting. As Bob Langert, senior director, CSR, tell us in his prologue: “we can have a conversation”. Let’s see how meaningful that conversation turns out to be.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review