Blog: McDonald’s gets chatty
Catherine Sleep | 24 January 2006
My boss sent me a link to a blog about McDonald’s. So used am I to seeing anti-McDonald’s material on the Internet that I assumed this would be another in the same vein. In fact it is a blog set up by the Corporate Social Responsibility department at McDonald’s, encouragingly titled Open for Discussion.
Looks like it’s pretty new as there aren’t many posts yet, but it will be worth keeping an eye on. Of course it’s just another marketing channel, but blogs by their nature allow backchat, within reason, which makes it interesting. As Bob Langert, senior director, CSR, tell us in his prologue: “we can have a conversation”. Let’s see how meaningful that conversation turns out to be.
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1