Blog: McDonald’s training video
Catherine Sleep | 30 January 2007
You might enjoy taking a look at a McDonald’s training video from the early 1970s. The dated outfits, language and décor aside, the structure of the material itself is amusingly quaint.
An apparent prodigy of Dale Carnegie tells jaded McDonald’s staff that “simple as it may sound, the secret is courtesy”. Cue a pep talk about how courtesy is contagious, ditto smiling, and how as a staff member you are controlling the transaction and can steer a grotty customer away from barking at you and almost force him into being pleasant by setting the tone.
It’s obvious stuff, and it’s undeniably cheesy, but it holds as true in 2007 as it was in 1972. Trouble is, you can teach staff to say the right things, but you can’t make them mean it, and an insincere “Have a nice day” just irks. Still, even lip service courtesy is a start.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review