Blog: Mince pie risk assessment
Catherine Sleep | 6 December 2006
And for the latest in our series of “You couldn’t make it up….” tales of local bureaucracy in overdrive, pray follow me to the Yorkshire Dales. The organisers of a village Christmas party made the mistake of requesting free use of a municipal car park, thereby unleashing a veritable maelstrom of health & safety requirements.
The cocoa content and temperature of the hot chocolate they plan to serve must be checked, and posters must be displayed to warn partygoers that mince pies contain nuts and suet pastry. The enlisted Santa will probably need a Criminal Records Bureau check and the brass band, too, will be subject to a risk assessment.
Unsurprisingly, the organisers are now looking to move the party to private land elsewhere in the village.
Meanwhile my son’s nursery held its Christmas fete last week and I am pleased to report that donations of home-baked cakes and buns were not merely tolerated, but actively solicited.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review