Blog: Mince pie risk assessment
Catherine Sleep | 6 December 2006
And for the latest in our series of “You couldn’t make it up….” tales of local bureaucracy in overdrive, pray follow me to the Yorkshire Dales. The organisers of a village Christmas party made the mistake of requesting free use of a municipal car park, thereby unleashing a veritable maelstrom of health & safety requirements.
The cocoa content and temperature of the hot chocolate they plan to serve must be checked, and posters must be displayed to warn partygoers that mince pies contain nuts and suet pastry. The enlisted Santa will probably need a Criminal Records Bureau check and the brass band, too, will be subject to a risk assessment.
Unsurprisingly, the organisers are now looking to move the party to private land elsewhere in the village.
Meanwhile my son’s nursery held its Christmas fete last week and I am pleased to report that donations of home-baked cakes and buns were not merely tolerated, but actively solicited.
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities